Terms & Conditions
- Before Buying a Specialty Printer – what you should know
- What You Will Need (not included in your purchase)
- Customer Responsibilities
- Limited Warranty
Before buying a Specialty printer
A specialty printer (such as DTG, DTF, UV, Transfer, Sublimation or other Specialty printer), will allow you to print your own designs to a variety of substrates depending on the printer technology. DTG or DTF for example will allow you to print amazing full color prints on light and dark shirts in just a few minutes. You can be doing short runs with no setups, no color separations, no tear down - and you are getting more than wholesale for a shirt – you will love it!
There is a learning curve to Specialty printing (much like screen printing or other forms of printing). It takes time and experimentation to become proficient and knowledgeable about your new craft
The secret to success is proper printer maintenance and adhererence to instructions and procedures (applies to all equipment), proper pretreatment (DTG), proper use of PreTreat Sheets or Transfer Sheets (DTF, Transfer or Sublimation):
- Proper Printer Maintenance takes 5-10 mins daily, details are included in our instruction manuals (print nozzle test / print head cleaning / wet capping etc)
- Proper Pretreatment is necessary for DTG printing (separate pre-treatment hand sprayer or automatic sprayer are needed, as well as heat press)
You may have to work on and troubleshoot your printer at some point. Between user error and just the effects of use over time you may encounter errors and will learn to fix them, with Company's assistance.
You may need to climate control your print room. DTF and DTG work best in room temperature conditions (70 -75) degrees and humidity from 45% - 60% (50% + is needed at times). A humidifier may be needed if you have unusually low humidity in your environment.
Inks will clog if not used often, especially if the printer is left idle more than a couple of days or proper maintenance on the printer or inks is not conducted. There are many unclogging procedures available to you (including the printer's self-cleaning function, and a more forceful manual flush with our flush system).
Never take customer orders until you have learned how to use the printer and pretreatment.
Every day that you use the printer you will need to do Maintenance. A routine of 5-10 minutes of cleaning the printer prior to using, is easy and quick.
Join a community of users, such as online user groups and forums for T-shirt printing. You will learn and share knowledge that will be valuable to you and your business.
Ensure you have RIP software (such as AcroRIP, CADLINK, EKPRINT etc.) if none is provided with your purchase.
What you will need (not included in your purchase, and varies by Specialty printer type DTG, DTF, etc):
- Windows 7 or higher Computer (PC) with an available USB port. Artwork design software like Gimp, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW
- RIP Software (if not already included in your purchase) and RIP software training or support. We do not support RIP software, we only have the ability to share what other users are having success with.
- Heat press for curing the pretreatment and final prints. We recommend a 16x20 inch press.
- Wagner Hand Sprayer or Automatic pretreat machine to apply pretreatment (required for printing with white ink to dark garments with DTG)
- A Humidifier to keep the humidity above 40% in the print room, if you have low humidity in your room / environment
Your responsibilities include:
- Provide a clean and climate friendly work space to print in.
Humidity of 45% - 65% and temperatures of 70 – 75 degrees Fahrenheit must be maintained at all times while ink is installed in printer. Failure to keep these tolerances may cause clogging and other issues that will then require extensive cleaning measures.
- Understanding that inks are water-based textile inks and will clog the Printheads if the machine is left unused for more than a couple of days (and the humidity/temperature climate is not optimal). Clogging is nothing to be scared of, if it occurs, you can resolve the clogs via a number of simple procedures (such as utilizing the cleaning function on the printer, or for a more advanced clean, you could flush the printheads with our provided flush system). To avoid and/or resolve clogs, you need to perform daily / weekly maintenance, and/or print frequently to keep the ink flowing. Maintenance takes 5 mins a day and needs to be part of your daily standard operating procedures.
- Understand and acknowledge that Printheads, Capping stations, and any other items that come in contact with ink and/or are subject to wear and tear, clogging or are consumable are not covered under our warranty, and there are no returns, exchanges or refunds for such items.
- Use Company printer approved inks, supplies, and equipment for optimal results.
- Retain shipping crate or original packaging for 30-90 days and until no longer needed.
- Agree to perform simple daily and weekly maintenance, including keeping print heads and capping stations cleaned.
- Apply all pretreatment (DTG related process) in a separate room isolated from the printer Printhead and other sensitive parts
- Agree and understand that all equipment and hardware sales (including printers, printheads, heaters, heat presses, curing ovens, powdering machines, etc) are final and no returns or refunds are permitted. Any issues would need to be addressed within the terms of the limited warranty. Order cancellation requests by the customer prior to the shipping out of your items are at the discretion of Company - should a cancellation request be approved after the build of your order has commenced, the order will be subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- Return requests for unopened consumable items (inks, film, powder) are evaluated on a case by case basis. Opened and/or used consumable item return or refund requests are not allowed. Manager discretion would apply to return requests for unopened items within 30 days of purchase. Any returns, if approved, are subject to a 15% restocking fee at manager's discretion, and less any shipping costs that we may have incurred in both directions (such as if you received free shipping). Shipping is not refundable.
- Software and printhead purchases are not refundable/returnable.
- When virtual onboarding / training is offered or provided as part of a purchase, customers should participate in this training (typically 45 - 90 minutes) prior to operating their machine for the first time. Customers not participating in training will void any warranties. The training session may be recorded for troubleshooting / training purposes. Such training is focused on customer success, on ensuring that the customers printer is fully operational and that the customer understands how to operate and maintain it. Please have the required preparations done before the call to ensure you have an efficient onboarding. See below for Requirements / Preparedness for Onboarding or Training Calls.
- All issues must be remedied per warranty.
- Customer may be required to do troubleshooting and repairs with Company's help and direction.
- For orders placed that are approved for partial payment options (deposit payment only orders), the balance of payment will be due and payable when your order is ready to ship. We will reach out to you when your order is ready to ship and provide you with a 7 day window within which you need to make the balance of payment. The balance of payment will be required via cashiers check or ACH / Wire Transfer. If you are unable to complete the purchase of your order or you need to cancel your order for any reason, your order will be subject to the 15% restocking fee (15% of the order total).
Requirements / Preparedness for Onboarding or Training Calls:
The following will be required for any onboarding or training call that is scheduled with our support team:
- A stable and sufficient internet connection
- An A to B usb cable
- A windows computer (NO CHROMEBOOK - S MODE - TOUCHSCREEN)
- A mobile phone with a camera. A video conferencing link (typically Zoom) will be sent out to you DURING the onboarding. Please download the app to your smartphone prior to the training.
- A remote desktop connection will need to be established (typically AnyDesk) and pre-installed on your computer (instructions will be sent)
- Do not install any ink/drivers on your computer prior to completing the onboardings or the warranty might be voided
- Remove all packaging tapes/foam in (open the printer's lid and check) and out of your printer
Company warrants the "Products" (Printers, Heat Presses, Heating Stations or any other Equipment or product that is offered for sale or is sold by us and/or that the customer may buy) to be free from defects in workmanship and materials (warranty does not include consumable or wear and tear items such as printing heads, ink cartridges, capping stations, inks, films, solutions etc. which are subject to wear and tear and/or consumable over time). Specialty printer Products are modified or rebuilt using OEM parts, printers or engines, color and style is subject to change based on availability. The original warranty by the OEM printer / engine manufacturers (such as Epson ® , Ricoh ® , etc) is voided , customers should not expect nor contact the OEM printer manufacturer for support or warranty, all warranty claims should be addressed to Company directly as Company is the direct provider of the warranty. The warranty is valid for a period of up to 180 days from date of purchase (unless stated lower on the product page) for parts and labor provided that the unit is properly maintained and operated under normal use and that the customer has participated in Company provided onboarding/training (if applicable) before operating the machine for the first time. This warranty does not authorize any on-site repair and is considered to be a "depot" warranty which requires that the unit or defective part must be returned freight prepaid to Company in CA for repair. Warranty does not cover (a) Physical damage to the Product; (b) Damage caused by improper installation, failure to follow the proper instructions or to perform preventive maintenance, improper or abnormal use, misuse, neglect or accident (including but not limited to improper storage or transporting the Product without the proper preparation and/or packaging); (c) unauthorized adjustments, modifications or addition of accessories; (d) normal wear and tear or (e) external causes such as accidents or other actions or events beyond our reasonable control or the reasonable use of the product. Examples of scenarios not covered by warranty include but are not limited to printhead clogs or electrical damage caused by physical liquid spills inside the printer. This limited warranty is VOID if The Product has been altered or modified in any way (including but not limited to attempted warranty repair without authorization from Company and/or alteration/removal of the serial number). If a warranty claim is received from the customer and a product return is authorized, any such product is subject to inspection and testing on return. If a returned product is found to be damaged / defective or non-functional as a result of customer abuse, misuse, tampering, improper installation, improper usage (or any other non-warranty covered reason), the customer will be responsible to pay for all incurred shipping costs (including shipping of the printer to Company for inspection, as well as shipping the product back to the customer), and the customer will also be responsible for any repair related costs should repairs be possible and offered to the customer. Company reserves the right not to repair or not to offer repair services for any product that is returned for out of warranty reasons.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Company, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers (collectively the "Service Providers") from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions or any activity related to your product usage (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person using the product in an incorrect manner.
Replacement parts such as print heads are available from either Company and/or various alternative suppliers. Should a return for repair be necessary, Company will provide assistance locating an approved shipping company. The unit must be insured for the full retail value. If the unit is shipped by a non-approved company or is not in original packaging when it arrives, Company reserves the right to refuse the shipment. These steps eliminate potential for damage in shipping. If a returned product is found to be damaged / defective or non-functional as a result of customer abuse, misuse, tampering, improper installation, improper usage (or any other non-warranty covered reason), the customer will be responsible to pay for all incurred shipping costs (including shipping of the printer to Company for inspection, as well as shipping the product back to the customer), and the customer will also be responsible for any repair related costs should repairs be possible and offered to the customer. Company reserves the right not to repair or not to offer repair services for any product that is returned for out of warranty reasons.
Although every effort has been made to provide accurate specifications, Company does not assume any liability for damages, whether consequential or incidental, that may result from the use or misuse of this product or from damage caused by unit modifications made by the user. Company reserves the right to alter specifications in the manufacture of its products.
It is understood and agreed that Company's liability in contract, in tort, under any warranty, in negligence, in strict liability or otherwise shall not exceed the return of the amount of the purchased price paid by Buyer. Not withstanding the foregoing provision, under no circumstances shall Company be liable for special, indirect, contingent or consequential damages (including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of use or production or loss of capital), even if it has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The price stated for the equipment is a consideration in limiting Company's liability. No action regardless of form, arising out of the transactions under this Agreement may be brought by Buyer more than one (1) year after the cause of action has occurred. Our warranty as specified is exclusive and no other warranty, whether written or oral, is expressed or implied. Company specifically disclaims the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
This warranty initiates from date of shipment to original customer. It is non-transferable.
This warranty does not extend to the print head or expendable parts such as dampers. This warranty does not cover a unit that has been subject to misuse, neglect, negligence, accident, or unit that has been operated in any way contrary to the manual and operating procedures specified by Company. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from improper maintenance, lack of proof of maintenance as outlined by Company, improper shipping, damage caused by disasters, such as fire, flood, and lightning, improper electrical current, software problems, interaction with non-Company products, or service other than by Company.
Written authorization must be obtained from Company before any unit or part will be accepted. Replacement parts are sent out via standard freight carriers such as UPS / FEDEX / USPS. Parts sent out prior to receiving a defective Product or part from the customer will be sent C.O.D., cost plus freight. Upon return of defective part, if it is deemed that the part was not damaged by customer but failed, the cost of the replacement part will be refunded.
THE WARRANTY AND REMEDY PROVIDED ABOVE ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON- INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY, THEN ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD IDENTIFIED ABOVE. UNLESS STATED HEREIN, ANY STATEMENT OR REPRESENTATIONS MADE BY ANY OTHER PERSON OR FIRM ARE VOID. IN THE EVENT THE REMEDIES ABOVE FAIL, COMPANY'S ENTIRE LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO A REFUND OF THE PRICE PAID FOR THE PRODUCT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WRITTEN WARRANTY, NEITHER COMPANY'S NOR ITS AGENTS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INCONVENIENCE, OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT, WHETHER RESULTING FROM BREACH OF WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. GOVERNING LAW, JURISICTION & VENUE IS LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, USA.